1. The anniversary of the first ever uploaded YouTube video has inspired this month’s film roundup! ‘Me at the zoo’ is the first video to have been uploaded to YouTube, uploaded at 8:27pm on Saturday April 23 2005 – featuring the site’s cofounder Jawed Karim.
2. With the surge of the touristy selfie-stick now in full motion, it may come as quite a surprise that the selfie-stick was originally invented in the 1980s by a Japanese man named Hiroshi Ueda, whom afer being frustrated with the photo skills of passers-by ruining his vacation photos — decided to use his engineering skills to take things in his own hands creating what was then known as the “extender stick”!
3. Here’s a sweet video for the lovers out there; check out Gies proposing to his girlfrield Amanda; all filmed with a GoPro on his dog Roo’s back!
4. With the shift from TV to social advertising made very apparent in all brand strategy; Jameson whiskey have created these great 3D style Facebook and Instagram videos!
5. After all the in-your-face PR for Jay-Z’s TIDAL, it’s slightly awkward to find out it’s (unsurprisingly) flopped, the numbers backing this up as the app falls out of the top 700 iTunes download list… and to make things worse, rivals Spotify and Pandora have moved up at the same time!